With nearly 40 years of industry experience, we are one of Europe’s leading providers of public sector procurement solutions. Our Head Office at based at Pacific Quay, Glasgow, next to the BBC and Science Centre.
Reporting into our Finance Director, the role will involve assisting in the development of powerful financial management reporting, recording and controlling all relevant financial transactions, in-depth analysis of the causes of variances, product costing and profitability analysis, and on-going process improvement.
You will have responsibility for:
- Responsible for producing a set of management accounts to specific deadlines including management of revenue recognition which varies across products.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Quarterly VAT returns.
- Assisting with the financial analysis, forecasting and budgeting.
- Continuous review and development of processes to improve efficiency.
- Supporting sales & marketing in analysis of financial sales metrics.
Beyond the technical requirements of the role, you will be responsible for supporting our Senior Management Team develop an ongoing understanding and appreciation of the financial performance of our product portfolio, and the overall business. As part your development in the role, you will also have the opportunity of presenting financial analysis at our monthly Board Meetings.
In support of the above, you will demonstrate the ability to build and develop positive relationships with senior stakeholders across the business. This will be achieved, in part, by investing time to understand our business and the different functions within it.
As the successful candidate will be creative, work on your own initiative and can adhere to specific deadlines. Knowledge of Accounting Seed, Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and CRM systems is a distinct advantage.
You are likely to be a part qualified accountant. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are essential for this role.
- Competitive base salary
- 22 days + 8 Bank Holidays (which increases with length of service)
- Additional Birthday Day Off
- Quarterly Reward & Recognition; and Social Nights
- Modern office environment with onsite parking
- Flexible working environment
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- Peace of Mind Insurance Cover