With nearly 40 years of industry experience, our vision is to be the leading provider of innovative and inspirational supply chain solutions which create economic and social prosperity.
A global force in B2B SAAS products, our team are responsible for over 50 websites worldwide, and several leading Business Intelligence Products. We are pioneers, innovators and disruptors in the world of B2B SAAS product development. We work with microservices, experimenting with emerging technologies, new tools and services that truly put customers at the heart of everything we do.
Make an impact as a Software Developer
Working in very close association with Tech Leads, you will play a critical role in designing, developing and testing own-brand products and bespoke client-driven solutions. The role also involves influencing the technical direction for our products, as well as assisting in driving a quality focus in our product development methodologies.
At BiP Solutions you will have exposure to the whole software development lifecycle (SDLC). You will be encouraged to have autonomy and get involved in new projects.
You will join a passionate team where you will have exposure to some of the latest trends in software development.
Besides demonstrable experience in web-based java software development, other essential skills include:
- More than 4 years of commercial software development experience
- Good understanding of the full SDLC
- Thorough knowledge of Java Programming Language (preferably Java 11 and above)
- Proficiency in Spring Boot
- Knowledge of Spring Security
- Knowledge of Thymeleaf
- Experience with Junit and use of Mocks
- Experience with JDBC, Hibernate and SQL (Oracle or similar RDBMS)
- GIT Experience
- Knowledge of software design patterns
- Self-Starter: Ability to show initiative and creatively problem solve.
- Passion for technology, programming, and continued learning
Highly desirable, but not essential, skills include:
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
- Experience in CI/CD development
- REST API Design Knowledge
- Exposure working with Spring Bott Microservices Architecture
- Computer Science or similar degree
Working with us
We want our people to feel part of this journey and encourage individuals to not only share their ideas but have the space and autonomy to make them happen. We pride ourselves on our track record of developing our talent internally and giving our people the chance to shape a rewarding and varied career path with us, with no limitations.
What’s on offer?
We are fortunate to have a fantastic office location at the heart of Pacific Quay and we continue to invest in creating a modern working environment with great views of the river.
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual company performance bonus
- 22 days + 8 Bank Holidays (which increases with length of service)
- Birthday Off
- Health cash plan
- Udemy Training License
- 2 hours per week during working hours to dedicate to self-training or side projects.
- On-site parking
- Access to SSE Hydro Club
- Discount on Gym Membership
- Quarterly social nights and an annual awards night