Growing infrastructure systems: apply for business funding
Tuesday December 13th, 2016
Businesses can apply for a share of £15 million to support projects to develop new integrated infrastructure solutions and business models.
Innovate UK has up to £15 million to fund innovative projects in:
- smart infrastructure
- energy systems
- connected transport
- urban living
The competition aims to stimulate innovation in the infrastructure that provides critical services for the economy, the environment and society.
Infrastructure systems are vital to continued economic growth, competitiveness, productivity, environmental sustainability and social wellbeing.
They also represent a huge market opportunity for UK businesses. There is £425 billion of planned public and private infrastructure investment in the UK between 2016 and 2021.
Proposals could be in a number of areas:
- smart infrastructure that improves functionality, capacity, productivity, resilience, and sustainability and reduces costs and risk of failure
- smart solutions for energy systems
- innovations in the civil nuclear market
- reducing costs for offshore wind
- improving efficiency in the transport network
- holistic solutions to challenges in urban areas
- the competition opens on 16 January 2017, and the deadline for registration is at noon on 15 March 2017
- projects can range in size between £25,000 and £5 million and last between 3 months and 3 years
- projects between £25,000 and £100,000 can involve an SME working either alone or with partners
- projects over £100,000 must involve an SME working with at least one partner
- project types can range from feasibility studies to prototypes and demonstration
- businesses can attract up to 70% of their costs depending on their size and the type of project
- a briefing event will be held on 24 January 2017
Share this story...