As part of its continued growth, BiP Solutions now has a requirement for a Java Developer to join its team based in its prestigious office in Glasgow’s Digital Media Quarter.
Reporting to the Head of IT and working in very close association with Project Managers, you will play a critical role in designing, developing and testing own-brand products and bespoke client-driven solutions. The role also involves adhering to and gaining an understanding of the technical direction for our products as well as committing to a quality focus in our product development methodologies.
At BiP Solutions you will have exposure to the whole software development lifecycle (SDLC). You will be encouraged to have autonomy and get involved in new projects. To develop your experience you will be mentored and developed by the IT Management team.
Besides demonstrable experience in web based software development, other essential skills include:
- A understanding of the full SDLC
- Working knowledge of Java Programming Language
- Experience with JDBC, Hibernate and SQL (Oracle or similar RDBMS)
- Knowledge of software design patterns
- Seeing, communicating and adhering to “the big picture” while paying attention to detail
Highly desirable, but not essential, skills include:
- Understanding of Spring and Spring MVC frameworks
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
- Experience of using automated test tools
- Computer Science or similar degree
What’s on offer?
If successful, you will enjoy a highly stimulating and challenging work environment within a dynamic and rapidly growing organisation. You will reap the benefits of working alongside energetic and enthusiastic colleagues with an appetite for embracing change and improvement.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Healthcare plan
- 30 days annual leave (with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days)
- Onsite Parking
- Hydro Club Membership
- Quarterly social nights
- Flexibility with working hours
BiP Solutions is Europe’s leading provider of procurement products, systems and solutions. As a market leader in procurement and supply chain, we have more than 34 years experience in facilitating engagement between private and public sector. We have helped thousands of businesses win government tenders, and assisted the public sector in handling their procurement needs effectively and compliantly.
We are an established authority on all aspects of public procurement, and advise thousands of organisations in the UK and Europe on how to achieve best practice in this complex and often changing environment. We offers in-house training, focused events and unique consultancy services, providing buyers and suppliers with invaluable procurement guidance. Our procurement consultancy services are in demand across the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally