Make an impact as a Software Developer
Working in very close association with Project Managers, you will play a critical role in designing, developing and testing own-brand products and bespoke client-driven solutions. The role also involves influencing the technical direction for our products as well as assisting in driving a quality focus in our product development methodologies.
At BiP Solutions you will have exposure to the whole software development lifecycle (SDLC). You will be encouraged to have autonomy and get involved in new projects.
Besides demonstrable experience in web based software development, other essential skills include:
- Good understanding of the full SDLC
- Thorough knowledge of Java Programming Language
- Proficiency in Spring and Spring MVC frameworks
- Experience with JDBC, Hibernate and SQL (Oracle or similar RDBMS)
- Knowledge of software design patterns
- Seeing, communicating and adhering to “the big picture” while paying attention to detail
- Proactive management of expectations in others
- Ability to negotiate with and influence all levels up to and including directors
Highly desirable, but not essential, skills include:
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
- Experience of using automated test tools
- Computer Science or similar degree
Working with us
You will be joining BiP at an extremely exciting period of change and transformation. We want our people to feel part of this journey and encourage individuals to not only share their ideas, but have the space and autonomy to make them happen. We pride ourselves on our track record of developing our talent internally and giving our people the chance to shape a rewarding and varied career path with us, with no limitations.
The good stuff
We are fortunate to have a fantastic office location at the heart of Pacific Quay and we continue to invest in creating a modern working environment with great views of the river.
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual company performance bonus
- 30 days annual leave (increasing with length of service)
- Option to buy / sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Health cash plan
- Flexibility with working hours
- On-site parking
- Access to SSE Hydro Club
- Quarterly social nights and an annual awards night