Our Software Development Team play a critical role in designing, developing and testing own-brand products and bespoke client-driven solutions.
Joining our business, you will have exposure to the whole software development lifecycle (SDLC), from the design of new application or features, to the release of code to a production environment.
We don’t expect you to know or have used all of our tech stack, but it’s great if you already have experience with a few things on the list below:
- HTML, JSP
- Java 8+
- Spring Framework, Spring Boot
- Maven, Ant
- Oracle SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQ
- Azure DevOps (Task management and CI/CD)
- Git Version Control
As part of our digital transformation programme and commitment to work with new technologies, we would love for you to bring expertise in the following:
- Experience in building and maintaining apps for the cloud
- Microservice architecture
- RESTful Services
- Message Queue services (RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Kafka)
- Working with CI/CD tools
Working at BiP
We understand that the Software Developer job market is extremely candidate-driven and as a SME business, we are realistic about the fact that we can’t always directly compete with large corporations. What we can say, however, is that you will be joining our business at an extremely exciting period of change and transformation and will be given the space and autonomy to make a real impact.
We regularly review the external market and over recent months have made investment in further developing clear, structured routes for career progression which are directly linked to salary bands. We pride ourselves on our track record of developing our talent internally and giving our people the chance to shape a rewarding and varied career path with us, with no limitations. However, we do acknowledge that more can always be done and as such, are committed to listening to our colleagues’ ideas… whether that is to make improvements to our working environment or make suggestions for future product development.
The Good Stuff
We are fortunate to have a fantastic office location at the heart of Pacific Quay and we continue to invest in creating a modern working environment with great views of the river.
- Clear, structured routes for career progression which are directly linked to salary bands
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual company performance bonus
- Dress for your Day
- 30 days annual leave (increasing with length of service)
- Option to buy / sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Health cash plan
- Flexibility with working hours
- On-site parking
- Access to SSE Hydro Club
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Quarterly social nights and an annual awards night