BiP Solutions are actively recruiting for a Senior Event Coordinator role to join our organisation.
Reporting directly into the Events Development Manager, this is an integral role in driving the overall performance of our Events programme of established live and online exhibitions portfolio; which contributes £2m in revenue to the organisation.
As the Senior within the team, you will assume project lead on identified events as well as providing guidance and mentorship to the team members in how they best support and deliver against the wider events calendar.
In time, and to ensure the Events Development Manager is able to focus attention to the strategic development of the events programme, this role will develop into assuming line management responsibility for the small team. As the Senior therefore, we are looking for the successful candidate to demonstrate strong experience within the Events sector as well as of providing coaching and mentorship to less experienced team members. The role would be ideally suited to someone who is focussed on developing into a management role.
- Project lead on specific events (live and online) from start to finish working to a detailed project plan – all aspects of event co-ordination
- Liaison with external stakeholders – suppliers, partners, speakers, venue, client
- Managing the website and online resources for each event – including building the event websites, online event platforms and registration pages
- Drafting and executing a marketing plan for each specific event, including writing content for marketing campaigns
- Management and control of income and expenditure and event budget – to achieve organisation contribution objectives and event targets
- Responsible for the management of collation of relevant materials for onsite at live events
- Actively supporting the Events Development Manager in the delivery of the wider programme; and resourcing activity to meet the needs of the business
- Provide guidance, direction and mentorship to team members and lead by example at all times
- Provide representation at live events
What are we looking for?
- Strong experience of working within a commercial Events department
- Highly skilled in organising and coordination of events/ award ceremonies/ exhibitions for the business sector
- Strong organisational and project management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads
- Experience of either managing or actively supporting the development of an Events tea,
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Word; Excel and PowerPoint
- Web experience (including HTML/ WordPress/ online event platforms) highly desirable
- Experience of creating and delivering marketing campaigns
- Experience of dealing with internal and external stakeholders of all levels of seniority
- Strong work ethic with an ability to work well under pressure
- Professionalism and maturity
- Budgetary experience
- Knowledge of the B2G sector highly desirable
What’s on offer?
- Competitive salary
- Annual company performance bonus
- Pension scheme with Standard Life
- Healthcare plan with SimplyHealth
- On-site parking
- Access to SSE Hydro Club
- Flexible Working Approach
- Quarterly social nights