About BiP Solutions
BiP Solutions is Europe’s leading provider of procurement products, systems and solutions. As a market leader in procurement and supply chain, we have more than 35 years experience in facilitating engagement between private and public sector.
A global force in B2B SAAS products, our team are responsible for over 50 websites worldwide, and several leading Business Intelligence Products. We are on the path of an incredibly exciting digital transformation and investment programme, experimenting with emerging technologies, new tools and services that truly put customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are currently in a transformative and forward-thinking period in our use of data and technology, where our digital and technological requirements are meeting an increasing complexity and demand from across our industry.
Make an Impact
The Lead Solution Architect will be accountable for defining strategic roadmaps for products, lines of business, applications and use of technology – and leading workshops to document and revise these roadmaps.
They will also be responsible for developing and implementing design standards and guidelines for all software teams including Web development, Back-end development and User Interfaces to help translate business problems into deliverable and value for money technical designs.
This will incorporate collaboration with customers/business owners and wider technology teams during design processes, running effective processes for sharing and developing innovative software & software practice across teams, as well as hands-on implementation of POCs, architecture frameworks and, where appropriate, implementation tasks during major projects
The Lead Solution Architect will work closely with Product Owners, Software Delivery & Infrastructure teams for technical solution design and in ensuring delivered software projects meet required design & operational standards. The lead architect will also work closely with business leaders across the organisation in defining and delivering future technical and product strategy for the business, ensuring that BiP continuously exploits the right technology at the right time.
- Partners with business leaders to act as an advisor to IT strategic planning efforts
- Facilitates digital strategy decisions through consulting and support in execution
- Introduces and accelerates new technologies and methodologies to support digital transformation
- Leads the identification and analysis of enterprise business drivers to derive enterprise business, information, technical and solution architecture requirements
- Analyses industry, technology, and market trends to determine their potential impacts on the enterprise
- Leads the delivery of application architecture to the business
- Analyses the current business and IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommends solutions for improvement
- Leads and facilitates the creation of governing principles to guide solution decision making for the enterprise
- Researches and implements methods, tools and practices within the
- Ensures that the optimal governance structure and compliance activities are associated with wider architectural compliance
- Consults with programme/project teams to fit solutions to architecture across all viewpoints
- Promotes the IT architectural process, outcomes, and results to IT and other business leaders
Skills & Experience
- Highly experienced in a Technology Architect role with experience in defining software roadmaps, building strategic plans, defining and driving rationalisation efforts and fully socialising underlying commercial impacts/opportunities
- Considerable experience working on large scale, enterprise-wide software projects
- Ideally come from a software development background with specific experience in Java
- Strong understanding of software architecture and development activities and best practice
- Strong expertise in many areas of software architecture and technology, including web/mobile applications, middleware/services, databases, cloud, on-prem etc.
- Strong experience in application mediation, in the form of APIs, API management and event driven architecture
- Exceptional analytical, logical reasoning and problem solving skills
- Strong commercial focus with ability to constantly apply a financial lens across all decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exemplary teamwork/collaboration skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- Consistently uses time effectively and efficiently
- Intellectually sharp, capable, and agile
- Self-starter: able to initiate, prioritise, and complete assignments with little to no supervision
- Eagerness and ability to learn and adapt technologies, industry practices, tools, and trends to meet or push BiP’s future growth aims
- Strong knowledge of Iterative and Agile SDLC methodologies
- Serving as a widely trusted individual; able to present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner
- Leading with integrity and able to motivate others, manage conflict, and maintain composure in high pressure situations
- Regularly finds common ground and bonds with others; easily evokes trust and credibility
The Good Stuff
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- 30 days annual leave (increasing with length of service)
- Option to buy up to 5 days annual leave
- Health cash plan
- Flexibility with working hours
- On-site parking
- Access to SSE Hydro Club
Our focus is on utilising our inhouse approach to engage with candidates and therefore, are not dealing with agencies for this role.