As part of its continued growth, BiP Solutions now has a requirement for a Junior Test Analyst to join its team based in its prestigious office in Glasgow’s Digital Media Quarter.
Reporting to the Head of IT and working in very close association with Project Managers, you will play a critical role in the ongoing development of BiP’s products and services. The role will have responsibility for daily co-ordination of testing activities covering test planning / preparation, test execution, defect resolution, re-test and release. Although the role is not a test manager role, it will be a prominent and key role within the development team with some degree of responsibility.
The successful candidate will learn the skills to establish a comprehensive and effective test strategy as well as assisting in the preparation and execution of test plans, test scripts / cases / scenarios, test data etc.
Whilst no previous testing experience is necessary, essential skills include:
- Proficiency in task planning, task estimation and risk analysis
- Seeing, communicating and adhering to “the big picture” while paying attention to detail
- Proactive management of expectations in others
- Ability to negotiate with and influence all levels up to and including directors
Highly desirable, but not essential, skills include:
- Knowledge of using automated test tools
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
If successful, you will enjoy a highly stimulating and challenging work environment within a dynamic and rapidly growing organisation. You will reap the benefits of working alongside energetic and enthusiastic colleagues with an appetite for embracing change and improvement.
What you will get in return:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Company Performance Bonus
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Health Cash Plan with Simplyhealth
- 30 days annual leave (increasing with length of service)
- Option to buy/sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Access to SSE Hydro Club
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Weekly Free Fruit