At an exciting stage in our growth, we are seeking a Junior Data Analyst to join our busy Data Management team in BiP Solutions’ headquarters in Glasgow.
About the Company
BiP Solutions is Europe’s leading provider of procurement products, systems and solutions. As a market leader in procurement and supply chain, we have more than 35 years experience in facilitating engagement between private and public sector. We have helped thousands of businesses win government tenders, and assisted the public sector in handling their procurement needs effectively and compliantly.
You will work in a fast-paced environment with the Data Management team to help leverage and maximise benefit from the use of our CRM and other systems across the BiP group of businesses. A key focus of the role will be to provide operational support around the use of CRM data and manipulate and process data across various formats to fulfil the business’s data requirements.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a numerate person (possibly a recent graduate from a scientific / numerate background) looking for a stepping stone into a career in data science. To develop your experience, you will be mentored and developed by the wider Data Management & IT Teams. To be successful you will demonstrate an interest and enthusiasm in working in a fast moving, challenging and equally rewarding role.
The successful candidate will possess the following key skills / characteristics (commercial experience is not a prerequisite):
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Aptitude for and experience of analysis, charting and visualisation tools / methods
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Strong stakeholder and client management skills coupled with excellent communication skills
- Logical and problem solving skills with a desire to get “under the hood” of problems
- Ability to prioritise your workload and apply good time management skills
- A high level of self-motivation whilst remaining organised and methodical
What’s on offer?
If successful, you will enjoy a highly stimulating and challenging work environment within a dynamic and rapidly growing organisation.
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual company performance bonus
- 30 days annual leave (increasing with length of service)
- Health cash plan
- Flexibility with working hours
- Option to buy / sell up to 5 days annual leave
- On-site parking
- Access to SSE Hydro Club