We are actively looking to expand a Business Development Executive to join our Public Sector Sales team in Glasgow.
Our Public Sector Sales Team promote a market leader eSourcing SAAS solution which enables efficient, effective and compliant procurement via an eSourcing platform trusted daily by thousands of public and private sector buyers and bidders. Our client base includes Transport for London, The Ministry of Defence, Financial Conduct Authority, and National Audit Office with a spectrum covering all sectors.
If you have initial experience in an outbound sales role but are looking to join a business that is invested in progression opportunities and will allow you to develop a career in sales, this is the perfect role for you. This is an excellent opportunity to join an extremely successful team who have won BiP’s ‘Sales Team of the Year’ Award for four consecutive years. All team members have enjoyed individual success and have progressed within the team structure.
- Deliver sales to an agreed monthly and annual target.
- Work closely with the Business Development Managers to effectively manage your assigned territory/sectors.
- Utilise the sales toolkit to arrange and secure introduction sales meetings (online, telephone and face to face) for your Business Development Manager as well as yourself.
- Support the Business Development Managers through appointment setting and account management.
- Develop a prospect list and go to market strategy in conjunction with Sales Manager and Marketing Manager.
- Conduct research to identify potential prospects and markets
- Identify key contacts within organisations and build strong relationships with them until point of sale and beyond.
- Build and deliver on the existing sales strategy in conjunction with the Sales Manager
- Work with the marketing team to support industry specific lead generation campaigns
- Attend external events/ appointments
- Deliver online presentations and training
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Strong experience within a B2B desk-based sales environment
- Experience of setting new business meetings.
- Experience of working to and exceeding sales KPI’s
- Strong account management experience with the ability to build business relationships
- Able to work well alone and as part of a team
- Experience of selling into the public sector and a knowledge of the tendering process (desirable but not essential as full training will be provided)
What’s on offer?
- Competitive salary
- Excellent commission and bonus structure
- Contributory pension scheme
- Performance levels and clear progression opportunities
- Annual company performance bonus
- 30 days annual leave (increasing with length of service)
- Option to buy / sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Health cash plan
- On-site parking
- Access to SSE Hydro Club
- Quarterly social nights and an annual awards night
We are fortunate to have a fantastic office location at the heart of Pacific Quay and we continue to invest in creating a modern working environment with great views of the river.