BiP Solutions are pleased to bring to market the role of Head of DevOps. Reporting into our new CTO, this role will actively support our technology transformation journey to implement and develop a modern and innovative approach software development and delivery within an established organisation. The ideal candidate will have a strong leadership background in software engineering and will employ DevOps tools to improve the development team’s production. You will guide our hardworking team through the process of designing and writing a dependable codebase. This position will also allow you to innovate our engineering systems and practices. If you would like to have a pivotal role in designing and implementing strategic processes that elevate our company to resounding success, then we want to hear from you.
- Leading, managing and growing the DevOps team across multiple sites.
- Alignment of infrastructure strategy to the business technology roadmap
- Support the product teams to deliver high availability, scalable and reliable systems.
- Implement training initiatives with the service engineering team to offer career development within the function.
- Coordinate with teams across multiple time zones and locations
- Provide leadership and guidance to a global team
- Proven track record managing and growing an experienced and growing team.
- Strong knowledge and track record in both development and system administration.
- The ability to coordinate and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Strong knowledge of VMWare configuration and support
- Strong knowledge of Agile working
- Strong understanding of cloud infrastructures including Azure and AWS.
- Knowledge of caching strategies.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Annual company performance bonus
- 30 days annual leave (increasing with length of service)
- Option to buy/sell up to 5 days annual leave per year
- Contributory pension scheme
- Health cash plan
- On-site parking
- Access to SSE Hydro Club