Make an Impact
As Digital Search Manager, you will be responsible for the proactive development and implementation of an effective Search Strategy focusing on both organic and paid channels. You will be working in within the digital team at a mid-senior level with the core objective to increase online visibility and ultimately high-quality traffic to our core brand sites, which in turn will support driving conversions (sales and/or lead generation).
The role will seek to support the overall digital team commercial objectives and as such, we are looking for someone who is analytical with a passion to drive data-driven decisions in an agile way.
This role has line management responsibility for one executive but will also support with the workload and development of the Digital Content Executive.
Core Responsibilities include:
- SEO strategy development and implementation across our core product portfolio with a focus on:
- Technical SEO
- Content co-ordination supporting on briefs for evergreen and topical SEO blogs which will be created by our digital content team
- Onsite and Offsite SEO including backlinking strategies
- Devising a complimentary PPC Strategy Development across multiple brand accounts to boost visibility and conversions whilst achieving ROI via:
- Keyword research
- Bid optimisation
- A/B testing initiatives
- Display and Remarketing strategies
- Defining core KPIs and measures of success across each area
- Bi-Weekly and Monthly Performance Reporting. This role will involve owning and managing the SEO/PPC reports, defining core KPIs and playing back results to the business alongside recommendations
- Support the upskilling of the Search Executive through mentorship, training and delegation of BAU tasks.
- Google Analytics reporting – Ability to run advanced reports, including segmentation, events, campaign tracking, conversion optimisation, user behaviour and retention analysis. Must be able to turn this data into actionable insights.
- Acting as a key stakeholder for new website and product development from a best-practice SEO perspective
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the search engine marketplace with a proven track record of success in SEO ranking; increased lead generation and overall sales performance
- Experience of working with SEO tools (e.g. AHREFS; SEOSurfer; MOZ; SEMRush; Buzzstream or similar) and Google Search Console
- Experience of using CMS systems like WordPress and a basic understanding of HTML
- Highly experienced and technically proficient in use of web analytics namely Google Analytics
- Highly experienced and can demonstrate at least 2 years’ worth of Google AdWords experience working with PPC/Display/Retargeting campaigns
- In addition, you will be creative and innovate in your approach with strong interpersonal skills and a passion for the digital world.
- Experience of people management is preferred but not essential
It is preferrable for the chosen candidate to have broad experience across technical and creative approaches to digital marketing including understanding of:
- UX/User Experience
- E-Commerce principles
- Paid Digital Media (outwith PPC e.g. paid social; content distribution; programmatic)
Working with us
You will be joining BiP at an extremely exciting period of change and transformation. We want our people to feel part of this journey and encourage individuals to not only share their ideas, but have the space and autonomy to make them happen. We pride ourselves on our track record of developing our talent internally and giving our people the chance to shape a rewarding and varied career path with us
The Good Stuff
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Healthcare plan
- 30 days annual leave (increasing with length of service)
- Option to buy up to 5 days annual leave
- Flexibility with working hours
- Access to SSE Hydro Club
- On-site parking