At BiP Solutions., we are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our new CTO on a technology transformation journey to implement and develop a modern and innovative approach software development and delivery within an established organisation. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in software engineering and will employ DevOps tools to improve the development team’s production. You will guide our hardworking team through the process of designing and writing a dependable codebase. This position will also allow you to innovate our engineering systems and practices. If you would like to have a pivotal role in designing and implementing strategic processes that elevate our company to resounding success, then we want to hear from you.
- Manage, deploy and configure VMWare applications and server environments (Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, TomCat, Apache etc)
- Apply cloud (Azure, AWS) computing skills to deploy upgrades and fixes.
- Design, develop, and implement software integrations based on user feedback.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Analyse and communicate detailed reviews to development teams to ensure an improvement in applications and the timely completion of projects.
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security.
- Optimize the company’s computing architecture.
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability.
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation.
- You possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field.
- You have 3+ years experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role.
- You are an expert in code deployment tools ().
- You can maintain Java web applications.
- You have experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring.
- You possess a strong command of software-automation production systems (Jenkins and Selenium).
- You exhibit expertise in software development methodologies.
- You have working knowledge of known DevOps tools like Git, VSTS and GitHub.
- You have a working knowledge of databases and SQL (Structured Query Language).
- You possess a problem-solving attitude.
- You can work independently and as part of a team.
What’s on Offer?
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual company performance bonus
- Health cash plan
- 30 days annual leave (increasing with length of service)
- Option to buy/sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to SSE Hydro Club
If you like the sound of this opportunity and would like to apply, please send an updated CV to email@example.com