Based at Pacific Quay, Glasgow, BiP Solutions are celebrating 35 years of delivering innovative solutions that facilitate business between the private and public sectors.
We are recruiting for an experienced Desktop Engineer to join our IT Support team on an initial fixed term contract basis. The successful candidate will provide first class support to our Network infrastructure and desktop support to 180 plus users.
You will have the opportunity to work on a varied range of challenges against a commercially focused backdrop ensuring 99.999% up-time is achieved. There will ongoing opportunity to broaden and strengthen your skills throughout your career with BiP. Your core remit will be to provide systems and infrastructure support both to internal customers and external clients.
You will be responsible for all aspects of technically security from Cisco firewall management through to desktop virus detection software. In addition to having a thorough understanding of network infrastructure principals, you will have thorough understanding of related topics such as Disaster recovery and associated documentation. You will also have experience in database management specifically Oracle and RAC clustering.
You will also be required to have a thorough understanding of the Linux operating system which is used extensively within BiP. Furthermore a understanding of VMWare and Netapp will be required in order to support our server infrastructure.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong commercial experience within a similar environment
- Considerable network system design and development methods and techniques
- Extensive knowledge of computer network system protocols
- Considerable knowledge of capabilities, utilization and limitations of data processing equipment
- Strong knowledge of network management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Knowledge of VMware and Netapp architectures
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Company Performance Bonus
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- 30 days annual leave (increasing with length of service)
- On-Site Parking Available
- Access to SSE Hydro Club
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Weekly Free Fruit