With nearly 40 years of industry experience, BiP Solutions is one of Europe’s leading providers of public sector procurement solutions. Due to an internal promotion, we are actively looking to expand our UK sales team by recruiting a Business Development Manager to join our Public Sector Sales team in Glasgow, working from our HQ in Pacific Quay.
The BDM role will be responsible for driving the revenue growth of our CompeteFor and Delta Supply Chain services. These services underpin the multi-billion pound UK infrastructure sector and play a direct role in the success of major projects across transport, health and energy amongst others.
CompeteFor is a unique supply chain platform trusted by thousands of buyers and suppliers with total transaction values of more than £17bn to date.
Our partners and clients benefit from:
- Promoting transparency and competition in supply chains
- Helping SMEs benefit from supply chain opportunities.
- Driving innovation and value for buying teams and organisations
- Ensuring supplier diversity and positive economic impact
- Providing effective supply chain visibility, reporting, and monitoring
This is a great opportunity to join a successful team, working out of a fantastic premises and with proven pathways for career progression.
As a BDM, you will be responsible for:
- Identifying target projects, programmes and organisations across the UK which would benefit from partnering with the CompeteFor service
- Creating and managing relationships with senior project stakeholders, understanding the internal hierarchy of partners and collaborative units to maximise the CompeteFor offering
- Building a robust and weighted opportunity pipeline
- Delivery of a monthly revenue target for new business
- Managing existing accounts to identify and convert upsell and renewal opportunities.
- Showcasing our wider product portfolio to customers
- Ensure effective product matching to best meet the requirements of the customer
- Deploying effective account management skills to ensure the customer receives the highest level of service
- Adopting a proactive approach to developing and maintaining a level of product and wider industry knowledge which can be passed on to the customer base
- Effective CRM (Salesforce) maintenance through following outlined process
- Attend external events/ appointments.
- Delivery of online presentations and training
- Work closely with our internal Client Relationship Manager who carries a wealth of knowledge and experience
What we are looking for:
Our Public Sector Sales team has been highly successful with the team winning our Sales Team of the Year Award for 4 consecutive years and on track for a 5th. All team members have enjoyed individual success and have progressed within the team structure.
This role could be ideally suited to a candidate who has gained solid experience within a B2B sales environment who is motivated by the opportunity to combine working in a desk-based sales environment along with delivering ‘in person’ client presentations. We are also interested in engaging with candidates with a proven track record within an acquisition sales environment who would relish the opportunity of combining that ‘hunter’ sales mentality with strong account management skills.
What’s on offer:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual company performance bonus
- 22 days + 8 Bank Holidays (which increases with length of service)
- Birthday Off
- Health cash plan
- Udemy Training License
- 2 hours per week during working hours to dedicate to self-training or side projects.
- On-site parking
- Access to SSE Hydro Club
- Discount on Gym Membership
- Quarterly social nights and an annual awards night