Business Development Manager
Hybrid Role (desk and field based)
We are actively looking to expand our UK sales team by recruiting a Business Development Manager to join our Public Sector Sales team in our Glasgow Head Office in Pacific Quay.
Our Public Sector Sales Team promote a market leading eSourcing SAAS solution, which enables efficient, effective and compliant procurement via an eSourcing platform trusted daily by thousands of public and private sector buyers and bidders. Our client base includes Transport for London, Crossrail, Thames Tideway Tunnel, and National Audit Office with a spectrum covering all sectors.
If you have enjoyed success in a desk-based sales role and are looking to take the next step in your career into a hybrid role that provides the opportunity to be ‘out on the field’ engaging with clients, this is the perfect role for you.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an extremely successful team who have won BiP’s ‘Sales Team of the Year’ Award for four consecutive years. All team members have enjoyed individual success and have progressed within the team structure.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for promoting our product portfolio to the buying community through a combination of outbound calling and field-based activities. The role will involve new business acquisition and key account management within our customer base by demonstrating the full value of our product and establishing effective relationships with all buying organisations and their suppliers.
Working closely with an Internal Business Development Executive the expectation is to build your territory of accounts by promoting the solution through a number of channels. This will be including, but not limited to; onsite client presentations, exhibitions, events and webinars.
Travel will be required to cover a regional territory in the UK and with key focus on introducing the solution to new non-core sectors covering but not limited to construction, energy, transport etc.
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Strong experience in B2B sales
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding set targets
- Experience of sales within SaaS/IT would be desirable
- Strong commercial awareness and customer focus
- Focus on new business as well as strong account management skills
- Leadership qualities
- Desire to succeed in a competitive environment
- Ability to manage account queries professionally through to resolution
- Collaborate successfully with supporting departments
- Ambitious and driven attitude
- UK driving license
What’s on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent commission and bonus structure
- Contributory pension scheme
- Performance levels and clear progression opportunities
- Annual company performance bonus
- 30 days annual leave (increasing with length of service)
- Option to buy / sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Health cash plan
- On-site parking
- Access to SSE Hydro Club
- Quarterly social nights and an annual awards night
We are conscious that the sales job market is extremely candidate-driven in Glasgow, which is why we work hard to ensure there is a modern working environment, clear progression opportunities, excellent training, and competitive remuneration.
We are fortunate to have a fantastic office location at the heart of Pacific Quay and we continue to invest in creating a modern working environment with great views of the river.