Tackling drug-resistant infection: apply for funding support
Thursday September 29th, 2016
Organisations can apply for a share of £4 million to support projects that aim to improve UK ability to tackle drug-resistant infection.
Innovate UK has up to £4 million to support projects that advance the UK’s ability to tackle the global problem of antimicrobial resistance.
The UK Government has acknowledged the need to for a significant research effort to stop the spread of drug-resistant infections.
It is estimated that a failure to tackle drug-resistant infections could lead to at least 10 million extra deaths a year and cost the global economy up to £75 trillion by 2050.
This competition aims to support capital investment in:
- new infrastructure that will fast-track research and development of new drugs, diagnostics and vaccines
- a global multi-centre clinical trials network for drugs, diagnostics and vaccines
- existing UK infrastructure and the setting up of a sample-collection network
- databases for new scientific and public understanding of antimicrobial resistance
- the competition is open and the registration deadline is at noon on 27 October 2016
- projects are open to any organisation including businesses, charities, universities and hospitals
- projects can be led by any organisation of any size working alone or in collaboration with other organisations
- we expect to fund between 2 and 12 projects
- we expect funding requests to be between £200,000 and £2 million but larger and smaller requests will be considered
- businesses could receive up to 50% of their total costs and universities, hospitals and research and technology organisations up to 100%
Share this story...