Energy innovation: extra £10m for business projects
Wednesday June 8th, 2016
Businesses with early stage, 12 month projects are invited to apply for an extra £10 million from the Energy Catalyst.
Innovative businesses and researchers from any sector can apply for a share of an extra £10 million for the Energy Catalyst competition.
The money is in addition to:
- up to £6 million already committed by the Department for International Development (DFID)
- up to £3 million committed by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
Proposed projects should address the 3 major challenges facing the energy industry:
- low carbon
- security of supply
The additional funding is available for the early-stage award – technical feasibility.
- applicants for early-stage awards must register before noon on 7 September 2016
- the competition is open to businesses and to research organisations collaborating with a business
- total eligible project costs could be up to £300,000
- projects must last no longer than 12 months
- the amount of funding a business can attract varies between 25% and 70% according to the type of award and the size of the business
Share this story...